Ship has kindly stepped in and covered the cost of the server next month, and that calls for a big thank you to him. However, just because our current situation has changed, what goes on behind the scenes should not be forgotten. Money is still a big factor in the progress of the server, as is recognition and drive. Many of our staff have lost motivation just as the players have lost interest, but the only way to reinvigorate the community is to build it up again. We've done it once and can do it again with the right effort.
If you, like many players and staff, have found friends, enjoyment, and made fond memories with this community, then consider taking a moment to see how you're able give back and help more people experience the same magic. We understand how difficult it is to find money, so don't think that donating is the only way. Any of the following help immensely to bring life back into the server you all love:
1. Voting for the server (do this while logged in and you even get some nice loot!). This really does draw in new players when a lot of people keep it up regularly. The staff needs to kick their voting game into gear as well. ;D
2. Sharing our ip with friends and family. You can get really creative with this one! Many players enjoy making Youtube videos showing off their towns or the server spawn. You can post links to your videos or other advertisement below to show off. :)
3. Share pictures of your creations! If you've built something great on your creative plot or have a bomb-diggity house in survival, take some screenshots and post them on the site or on social networks. Tell people how they can see your masterpiece! If it's really cool, we might even incorporate your build into the server!
4. Help welcome new players. Whether it's simply greeting new players and having a conversation or answering any questions they may have, being there for newbies makes the server that much more inclusive. Let them know what there is to do and why you love the server. When you first joined, what made you stay? Keep that in mind when someone new logs on.
5. Play on the server! This means sometimes being the one to break the 0/50 player count. Once one person logs on, it creates a domino effect bringing in more and more players. This also helps make new players feel welcome and actually want to play on the server and join the community (or at least show them there is one!). Many people find the most enjoyment just from playing with their friends, rather than the specific features of the server. Of course, if you want to see something added, you can always let us know through a ticket or a message.
6. Most obviously, if you have a few bucks you want to kick our way, we extremely appreciate it. Every dollar goes into the server and allows the staff to focus more on how to improve the server, rather than how to sustain it each month. Plus, we do our best to thank you without making things unbalanced (and therefore, no fun). If you don't have enough for a rank, you can donate through the donation module at the bottom of the page. And yes! We will total all your donations together and adjust your rank accordingly. (It's worth it to bring attention to our cheaper ranks as well, starting at $5, rather than $20.)
7. Share your ideas with us. We've always asked for what you want added, and we're serious about suggestions! We take all of them into consideration and implement most of the ideas we receive. We want the server to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, and that starts with the players' voices.
Pick a way to contribute that best fits you, or even make up your own way to help! Let's all put forth the effort to bring about another high for our server.
Thanks from the Torchlight Team. Have a great week! :)